Have you heard that chewing sugarless gum after meals can actually promote effective oral health care routines capable of preventing cavities? It’s true, as sugarless chewing gum can help promote saliva flow which will protect your mouth in numerous ways. Here are a few of the benefits sugarless chewing gum has to offer:
– Sugarless chewing gum can help prevent heartburn and neutralize acids from your stomach that travel up your esophagus and into your mouth.
– Chewing sugarless gum after meals has been shown to help prevent cavities.
– Although chewing sugarless gum is not a replacement for brushing and flossing, it is ideal as a supplemental health care treatment to add to your daily routines.
– After eating, your teeth are extra sensitive and can be damaged by toothpaste, which can be too abrasive for your enamel at this time. As an alternative, chewing sugarless gum should be used.
– Sugarless chewing gum can increase saliva flow, which will neutralize acids and provide disease-fighting substances throughout your mouth to keep your mouth clean.
Keep your smile clean so it can serve you well for a lifetime. For an oral examination at Shining Smiles LLC at our dentist office in Bolingbrook, Franklin Park, Joliet, Naperville, Plainfield, Riverside, and Wheaton, Illinois, please book an appointment with Dr. Milad Nourahmadi and our team by calling 630-972-4010. Poor oral hygiene can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today!